Sunday, October 19, 2008

Plane to San Fran

Hello all,

It’s officially too late to change my mind….. not that I want too!!! I’m glad that all those goodbyes are finally over with. I’m not really one for goodbyes and every time I said goodbye I got a little teary eyed. Don’t worry Mom; I saved my teary eyes for after I walked away so that you wouldn’t start (I hope you didn’t!).

Anyway, I’m in the air on my way to San Francisco sitting next to a very attractive Australian man who happens to be from Sydney (the secret really does work)! I got an aisle seat which I HATE because the flight attendants usually need drivers ed for those carts… my poor elbows!

Highlight of my afternoon occurred at the money exchange counter. Last year when I went to Cyprus that counter was my least favorite place. Not now, though. Get this $263 USD equals $325 AUD… how cool is that!!!!!

Ughhhhhh… the person in front of me just reclined their seat; now I’m a sardine. I hate those seat recliners. I can never muster up the nerve to recline my seat because NEVER FAILS I sit in front of the tallest man on the flight and then I feel too bad to recline. I guess all those years of hearing Pop complain about bruised knees has actually made an impact.

Oh yes, something I was thinking about before I boarded. So I didn’t have enough time to finish everyone’s thank you notes which I want to apologize for because I hate getting gifts and not sending a note. I have a plan though (well actually it was my Mom’s plan, but she isn’t here to argue so I’ll take the credit!). I’m going to write everyone a note and email it to my Mom so that she can send them all out. Genius, if you ask me. I know you will all be waiting very patiently for my oh so special words of thanks, but don’t worry I do have 15 hours to kill on my flight from San Fran to Sydney so they should be arriving soon.

I think I’ll sign off for now so that I save some battery. Catch ya on the flip side (of the world!!!!)

- J

No comments: