Saturday, November 22, 2008
I got a Job!!!!! and it's beach weather!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally got a job; it’s not the most glamorous job, but it’s still a job. I’m working as a chicken girl at this restaurant called Nando’s. The salary is pretty good and the shifts are really flexible which is nice because then I can still spend time at the beach. I was actually at the beach today for an hour… isn’t it crazy that it’s the end of November I’m spending my afternoons at the beach. The weather here the past few days, with the exception of today, has been cold and rainy so I took the chance to relax at the beach. I’ve also taken a liking to cricket which seems like the most boring sport ever until you get to know a little bit about the rules. Home life is still good although I did have one little argument with one of my roommates, but that has since been sorted out. We have really similar personalities and neither one of us was “winning” the conversation so we yelled a little. We made up the next day though and learned a little more about the other person through the experience so it was probably a good thing. Tonight we are having a party at our apartment and we just spent an hour cleaning up so that the place would look descent for our guests. Now I’m off to have a wee sleep before our night of fun starts. I’ll try to write a bit more tomorrow before I head off to work. Stay warm in that New York weather everyone… I’ll be thinking of you while I’m in my bikini at the beach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nice, rub it in. As if the weather here is not bad enough we have to hear from "beach girl."
Hope you will update the blog soon.
Post a Comment