Sunday, December 7, 2008

Miss you, mates...but I'm still happy here

Hello All,

Once again I haven’t had a very exciting week… Wednesday I worked from 12-10 so my day was shot, Thursday I worked as well. Friday and Saturday I went to the beach for an hour which was really nice. Saturday it was really windy though so I left looking like a sand woman. I literally had a pile of sand on myself and on my towel when I got up. Today (Sunday), I worked from 10:30 to 17:00 which I really enjoyed. There was an event going on in Manly today so the Wharf was absolutely packed and it was really busy so the day flew by. Family: You will all be happy to hear that I didn’t really go out at all this weekend. My friend Lindsay had a small party at her flat on Friday so I went there for a few hours but was home by midnight. I guess I partied myself out last week. That seems to be my style… all or nothing. This week I’m into nothing.

It’s still so weird that it’s December and really warm. I keep forgetting that Christmas is in a few weeks. On that note, I am sending out some Christmas cards but they may arrive late because rumor is that we all missed the deadline for sending them out in time. Anyway, it’s the thought that counts so no complaints please.

Nothing else has really been going on except that my roommate, Jo, is a bit of a pain to live with because he always has to get his way and throws a pissy fit if he doesn’t so he’s been arguing with all of us. He’s the oldest in the flat and one would think that he could handle himself with some maturity, but apparently that is a foreign concept for him. I’ve been using his attitude as a personal growth stimulant: I’m learning how to be patient and bite my tongue which some would say is a very necessary lesson for me.

Other than that, everyone is getting along really well still. We just figured it out today and we’ve been in our flat for five weeks already. Time really flies down here… I mean I’ve been here for seven weeks and it feels like I just saw everyone a few days ago. It’s always at random times that weird things pop into my head about home. For example, I swore that I saw my Mom walking at the Wharf today which REALLY freaked me out because then I realized that I won’t be seeing anyone from home for at least another eight months. That part is super weird! It’s a weird feeling because I’m not homesick but when you think about not seeing someone for eight months it kind of freaks you out. Also, I talked to Anne the other day which was amazing but made me sad because I wish that I could bring everyone over here at some point (my door is ALWAYS open for any adventurers who want to come visit). It’s always nice talking to people on the phone, but it’s not the same as spending the day doing nothing in the sun in the drive way. Sometimes it’s easier to not talk to people from home because you can pretend like you don’t miss them. Don’t get me wrong, I am still very happy here so no comments trying to convince me to come home sooner please!

Ahh, it’s time for me to run… Sunday dinner again (Dale is cooking traditional British cuisine tonight). I’ll write again soon. I miss you guys… but I’m still happy (which makes for REALLY confusing feelings!!). Anyway, I hear it snowed recently, so make a snowman and name her Jessie!!!

Au revoire everyone!!!

No comments: